Sherwood Research Grant awarded
16 July 2015
At the 4th International VdTMoCA conference on 8 July 2015, Charlotte carptener, West London Mental Health NHS Trust was awarded the Sherwood Research Grant 2015 for her study entitled:
What are Occupational Therapists’ experiences of utilising the Vona du Toit Model of Creative Ability Creative Participation Assessment in forensic mental health settings in the UK?
The aims are:
- To understand and explore the experiences of O.T’s in using the Creative Participation Assessment in forensic mental health settings in the U.K
- To gain insight into practicalities when implementing the assessment
- To explore strategies used to integrate this tool in practice
- To explore features of a forensic environment and how it affects its use
- To highlight benefits of the tool and also challenges relating to the implementation of it
I’m sure you will agree that the findings of this study will be very valuable – it is going to be a great contribution to our knowledge base.
All the best to Charlotte with this study and we look forward to hearing about it at the next conference.....??